Sunday, September 23, 2007

Funguo (Keys)

Funguo nitaupata wapi? (where will I find my keys)
mlango wangu umejifunga (my door's locked me outside)
Bila kuipata funguo (if I won't get the keys)
Mimi nitalala nje (I will sleep outside)

naomba niokotee
naomba nilale ndani (I want to sleep inside)
ilelelelele nitalala wapi mama
funguo (my keys)

nitatake kulala! (I want to sleep)
mimi ninitaka yangu ( I want mine (keys))

huwezi, huwezi, huwezi (You can't, you can't, you can't)

Twende tuitafute (Lets go look (for the keys))

Au siyo!


I went for a walk in the nippy North London weather of Islington this evening and the i-pod blaring in my poor aurals went onto the 48th track that had the Swahili lyrics above, I must tell you I experienced that rare 'Socrates' moment, the 'key's' are a crucial issue, what are the 'keys' in your life? what would happen if you lost your 'keys'? what would happen if you couldn't access the valuables of your life because you lost the only 'keys', what would you do to avoid 'sleeping outside'?... luckily this was not one of those difficult to solve situations, because the song suggested the way forward, it said 'twende tuitafute' (lets go look for the 'keys') so there it is! whatever your 'keys' are, take good care of them, dont lose them, but if you do lose them don't go all waffling around, just look for them, plain and simple, no drama, no dancing around, no waffling, just look for 'em.......and I guess you are saying its always safe to keep a spare copy, now that depends on what type of "key" it is you are musing on.......

Funguo!

No comments:

Post a Comment